New to list

Christopher D. Purdy purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 12:35:51 -0400

>In a message dated 01/08/2000 10:23:16 PM Pacific Standard Time,
>pianolover@worldspy.net writes:
>
><< What in heck is an "ET" tuning? Is it something performed by an "illegal
>alien" or is it one done by a C'ET'? Perhaps you have the answer.
>
> Sorry about that...I was just tryiing to abbreviate "electronic tuners";
>speaking of which today I purchased a Tuner made by Seiko for about $250.00.
>>>

>  OOhhhhhh!  I thought you meant "equal temperment"  since there's all this
>interest in other kinds of temperments these days.  Geessh!
>M. Jacobucci

in most cases, et refers to equal temperament and etd means electronic
tuning device.  usually it is obvious in context but in this case it was
confusing.

chris

-Christopher D. Purdy R.P.T.   School of Music  Ohio University  Athens OH

-purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu   (740) 593-1656    fax# (740) 593-1429