New Masin Hamlin

Frank Cahill fcahill@erols.com
Thu, 06 Jan 2000 21:18:11 -0500

I need to touch up a regulation on a NEW (5 yrs old) Mason Hamlin
grand.  I have "The Piano Action Handbook"  which lists specs for the
"current Mason Hamlin companies"  This book is copyright 1991.

When did the  present M+H company start making these pianos?

It seems like a nice piano. I'd never seen one before. The hammer line
drops suddenly about half way up the keys.  Something's going on for
sure.

If I'm lucky, key height, dip, and jacks won't need work.  I don't work
on a lot of grands..I've only regulated 3 grands. Two of them needed
action bracket replacement. (remember those growing action brackets?).

What does the sudden change in hammer line say to you old timers?

Thanks for any and all help.

--

Frank Cahill
Associate Member, Piano Technicians Guild