Harpsichord - Baptism Under Fire

Phil Bondi tito@PhilBondi.com
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 20:10:12 +500

Hello all.

Today, I was blessed with taking care of an instrument that I know nothing about
- a Harpsichord .. I have been granted this gig simply because I "do a good
job with the Steinway" .. thanks ....but..

Did my first tuning with this piece today  and it also has a broken string staring
at me .. so I loosened the pin a little(not enough) and unwound some of the
windings on the pin, made a loop for the hitch pin, figured out just where it
needed to go through the 'mechanism', and proceded to pull it up .. pop ..

so I guess I'm in the market for a crash course in harpsichord technology ..
and I need to find out where I can get Harpsichord wire sent ASAP, like overnight.

I thought I was green behind the ears with piano stuff .. this Harpsichord really
makes me feel like the

Rook

ps - I know it looks good on the resume, knowing Harpsichord stuff .. but really
. I didn't ask for it .. it was just given to me .. thanks .. Thank God for
4" Water Pump Pliers!