Whereabouts of SteveMcClintock

David ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 22:23:12 -0800

Greg,

How many hours have you put into this quest?  The Holy Grail
of piano service software doesn't exist.  Even with an Office
Suite you would still be switching between programs.  PSM is
everything I need for a piano service database.  It certainly
isn't perfect and has drawbacks such as DOS, can't use a
mouse, can't click on a vast number of windows to do a vast
number of useless tasks.  "Keep it simple stupid" works
pretty well here. I believe Dean is working towards a PSM for
Windows and that is when I'll make the change...maybe!  I
keep the books separate in Quickbooks Pro which is an
example of a bloated program with a plethora of hardly used
options.  It only takes a few seconds to switch between the
programs.  Lets see I paid $300.00 for PSM about 7 years
ago...I think that is money well spent!

David Ilvedson, RPT