clicking baldwin

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Wed, 05 Jan 2000 10:38:24 -0600

>IF it was just one hammer, I would do that. But as I have mentioned, this is
>happening on about 20 hammers in the middle section.
>Wim

If a frontal assault with a check list doesn't tell you what the problem
is, try a different direction. Can you make the click happen any other way?
Hold down a key in the middle of the click range, bottom it out firmly, and
whack it with a finger of your other hand to drive it down farther. Thump
on the action brackets and support posts with fist, fingers, or whatever
you can and see if you can isolate it. Repeatedly whack a key, producing
the click, while you grab, push, wiggle, lever, and pull all the brackets,
braces, bars, and mounting hardware you can. If you grab something and the
noise stops, it's Miller time. The fact that the noise changed when you
adjusted the post height should put you in the right area.

Ron N