Moby Piano

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Wed, 05 Jan 2000 07:52:57 -0500

Mark,

It's easier for me to tell you what to do than to do it myself.  If you get to
see the piano and recognize that it's more than you can, or want to, deal with,
just tell them so.  Don't let yourself get sucked you into a black hole.  Or, if
it is really bad, you could give them an approximation of what the total job is
going to cost before you do anything so they know beforehand what they're up
against.

I generally at least try to put some kind of tuning on the piano so they feel
their money isn't wasted.  But there was one time where the piano was such a
disaster that I said something like, "I think it would be a waste of your money
to spend anything more than necessary on this piano.  It might be best to cut
your losses by just paying me for my time to come out here, and get another
piano."  Which is what they did.

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger