clicking baldwin

Tunethepno@AOL.COM Tunethepno@AOL.COM
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 20:06:39 EST

In a message dated 01/04/2000 12:58:48 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
Wimblees@AOL.COM writes:

<< Piano: Baldwin console  7 years old
 Action type. Short stickers with the grommets at the end of the keys.
 Problem: In the middle section, on a hard blow, a click. >>

I have found several of these to be a problem with the bridle tape clicking
on the bridle wire. If I disconnected the strap, the click disappeared. Most
of the time a little Protek lube did the trick, but on a couple of occasions,
I had to move the bridle strap up the wire a little, put a drop of contact
cement under the tape end with a toothpick, then reposition the tape. I have
only seen this on fairly recent vintage Baldwin drop actions. Hope this helps.

John Stroup