clicking baldwin

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Tue, 04 Jan 2000 17:52:41 -0600

>The only one that came close was the low action support bolt. The ones in
the
>middle were a bit low, and the brackets did move. But when I raised the
>bolts, the problem got worse. When I lowered them, it didn't go away.
>
>Wim
> Hi Wim,
                This is going to sound off the wall but I have encountered
this problem now that you mention the drop action nose bolts.
The plate bolt exteme treble, bottom bolt on the upper section of the
plate, has 3 veneer shims, if they have curled up and away from the board,
and they are too wide.  Will cause some wierd clicks and buzzes.   I
managed to use a hack saw blade to trim them flush with the underside of
the plate.
You will have to tip the piano to see the problem.
Roger
Roger Jolly
Saskatoon, Canada.
306-665-0213