Fw: Repair ? or Dump

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sun, 02 Jan 2000 17:13:51 -0600

>I would prefer to set my own deflection angles instead of duplicate
>what is there now.  Just my contrary nature.

Hi Newton,
                 I agree with the above, I usually pull about 6 sample
notes to pitch, and feel for string drag and stability, as I adjust the
thickness of the template.
 The template helps to improve the consistency of friction, and hence
tuning across the scale.
 I also agree with your remark about duplicating the problem, measure the
variation in pressure bar height, on the average piano, and you soon become
a believer that most manufacturers were, and still are, hit and miss in
this department.
Roger
Roger Jolly
Saskatoon, Canada.