Repair ? or Dump

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Sun, 02 Jan 2000 12:24:07 +0100

Hmmm I am not sure I am with you here... Capo Bar.. ??? Upright ???. Do
you mean the pressure bar along the tenor / treble section ??

If so I would advise you lower the tension quite immediately with so
many screws gone. Pressure bars have been known to break under such
conditions. You have no options that I am aware of when it comes to a
fix. The pressure bar must come off to get the screws out, unless you
can get an easy out to work for you.

This is no big deal really, just let down the tension on the strings,
remove the pressure bar, take out the bad screws and reassemble. You
should be able to complete the whole job plus a rough tuning inside
three hours.

Richard Brekne
I.C.P.T.G.  N.P.T.F.
Bergen, Norway