Repair ? or Dump

Joe & Penny Goss imatunr@primenet.com
Sat, 1 Jan 2000 22:21:42 -0900

Hi all,
My last tuning for the year was a old Hoffman upright that presented a =
repair that has never been my pleasure to attempt to do. Any suggestions =
as to methods of repair that do not require restringing the instrument =
would be welcome.
Problem, screws that hold the capo bar are mostly broken off. Of eight =
screws that are broken only one is not broken off deep in the pin block.
The screws are broken off in this pattern, the capital O is screws in =
tact and small o those broken off.
  TENOR    / Treble
OOOOoooOooooOoOO
Has anyone out there been able to drill the screw stubs out by going =
through the capo bar?
I was able to tune the instrument but oh what an adventure <G>
Joe Goss