Dust Collectors

John R Fortiner pianoserv440@juno.com
Sat, 1 Jan 2000 09:06:21 -0700

On Sat, 1 Jan 2000 09:37:54 -0500 staytuned@idirect.com (John Lillico,
RPT) writes:
> On Fri, 31 Dec 1999 20:03:28 -0500 "Brian Trout"
> <btrout@desupernet.net> writes in part:
>
>  "Now, if they could only come up with an air filter to take care of
>  things like the fumes from spraying lacquer, without having to
> exhaust the air...
> now there's an idea..."
>
> Well, they did! It's a portable, non filtering unit, about 22 pounds
> (10 kg.) which effectively controls both dust and odor through
> ionization and O3 production.
****** WHOA THERE JOHN!!!!!  BEFORE YOU USE IT FOR BRIAN'S PURPOSE - (
LACQUER FUMES AND THE LIKES)  I GET THE IMPRESSION FROM WHAT YOU HAVE
WRITTEN THAT YOUR AIR CLEANER WORKS VIA IONIZATION - NOT A GOOD MIX WITH
FLAMMABLE SUBSTANCES AS THERE ARE/CAN BE SPARKS WITHIN THE UNIT.  Fine in
the office for cigarette smoke, but not for flamable substances -
especially as flammable as lacquer.
I hope that I have misread what you have written so don't hesitate to
correct me if I have misunderstood what you are describing.
John R. Fortiner
Billings, MT.