Cents Calculator in Wordpad

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Sat Jan 1 02:14 MST 2000

I have discovered that WordPad, comes free with W95 (doesn't it?) will
open up a a full fledged spread sheet.   I assume this is part of WordPad
and not any other spread sheet that you need to buy extra.

So I "built" a cents calculator, and for kicks decided to create an
inharmonicity calculator from Robert Young's formulas as presented in
McFerrin, _The Piano--Its Accoustics_.

If any one is interested I would be glad to send an email with an
attachment.  Just drop me a line.  Clicking on it is all you need to open
it.  I don't know which other Windows other than 95 will open it. I would
like to know if Claris or something on the Mac side can open it.

I am hoping for others to check the inharmonicity formula set up.  Is the
result cents, as claimed, or actually cps?

I would be glad to post it to the list...in the interest of netiquette, by
invitation.   ---ric