Dust Collectors

John R Fortiner pianoserv440@juno.com
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 23:10:24 -0700

On Fri, 31 Dec 1999 20:03:28 -0500 "Brian Trout" <btrout@desupernet.net>
writes:
> What might be a good thing for a shop that makes dust might be a
> cyclonic
> air filter with a second stage that has the normal type bags on it.
> haven't seen one yet, so I might just have to build it.
**There are "cylonic" attachments that fit between your dust pickup point
and the collector.  They simply fasten onto a metal 30 gallon garbage
can.  How well they would get rid of that fine "after dust" is another
question as I believe their primary purpose is to get rid of the larger
pieces so the impeller doesn't have to fight the "big" pieces.

> The thing I hate about a lot of dust collectors is that many of them
> seem to
> put a lot of the fine dust right back into the room.  If you have
> the
> collector bags outside, you end up taking your heated / air
> conditioned air
> outside.  I guess that's why I'm kind of fond of the cyclonic
> systems.
> Unfortunately, they're not so easy to find in the sizes a small shop
> might
> need.
>
> Now, if they could only come up with an air filter to take care of
> things
> like the fumes from spraying lacquer, without having to exhaust the
> air...
> now there's an idea...
**  And there are cleaners that will do that.  How do I know???  My wife
has severe asthma and we have to be very air quality sensitive.  At the
place she works we have a cleaner made by Honeywell that doesn't just
clean with a HEPA cleaner, but also has a CPZ cartridge in it that
removes fumes that even activated charcoal misses - formaldyhide and
ammonia as examples.
Have a very Happy New Year/Century

John R. Fortiner
Billings, MT.