warped main action rail?

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 06:43:06 -0600

David,

<<Welcome to the Wurlitzer booby trap.  I had the exact same
problem some years ago.  I think the action was forced into an
incorrect position then regulated at the factory.  When I pulled
it and re-installed correctly, I had to do a bunch of regulation.
It made me look like a fool.>>

Well, I felt like a fool, let me tell you. I did not want to have to do a
lot of regulating on this piano, but it looks like it will be necessary.
Reminds me of a phrase I heard about carpenters. Some are "cat carpenters."
If they make a mistake, they just cover it up. Sounds like Wurlitzer had
some big cat technicians....

John Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS