Amusing tortures for "pianos"

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 21:48:17 -0600

I misssed this episode but have been asked a couple of times if I had seen
it.    I am trying to find the source of the following quote.  It goes
something like,  "The early harpsichord makers took great pride in
perfecting their workmanship.  "They finally reached a point where they left
a slight but visible flaw because 'Only God is perfect'."  The article or
book went on to say it was sometimes in the form of an off colored key
front. ---ric