SAT stretch #

Kevin E. Ramsey RPT ramsey@extremezone.com
Sun, 27 Feb 2000 22:12:27 -0800

Well, actually that depends on what you are going for. If you're going for
more of a consonant tuning, then you don't want to arbitrarily start
increasing your upper treble stretch. I guess it depends if your customer
plays melodically or harmonically.

    You know, you can actually use your accutuner as a tool?  If you know
what kind of octaves you are looking at, you can tune for various parts of
the piano very smoothly. You have to use your ear at the break points, and
see what you're looking for, and then tune accordingly, but after that it's
a snap, and after all isn't that the way to speed up your work?
    As far as getting an OK from inventronics, I'm sure they've heard
stories of all different ways that tuners use their products. I currently
have 20 of Conrads' tunings on my machine, but on the grands, I find that
they have too much stretch.
    Anybody out there agree with me?
-----Original Message-----
From: pianolover@worldspy.net <pianolover@worldspy.net>
To: pianotech@ptg.org <pianotech@ptg.org>
Date: Sunday, February 27, 2000 8:51 PM
Subject: SAT stretch #

>Do any SAT users out there (Who have the FAC Facility) ever find that by
adding a small percentage, say 5 or 10 percent to the C6 stretch number, the
high treble ends up sounding better? I was finding, at least to my ear, that
after tuning the high treble to the SAT, (after the initial FAC was entered)
the octaves were still sounding a tad flat. I thought that if I added 10
percent to the C6 stretch number, that it sounded better. I called
Inventronics and asked them if this was an option, and they actually
concurred, saying other tuners have done this very thing. Just shows to go
ya, that ye ole' ears are the last word!