7/8 keyboards

Brian L Jane brianjaney@juno.com
Sun, 27 Feb 2000 05:18:03 -0800

Greetings!

I have been off this list for a while and I'm back with this inquiry:

What do you any of you know about retrofitting a keyboard with a 7/8 size
action? I have a client who has located a company on the web and is
considering doing this to her Baldwin SF Grand [quite a fine instrument]
and I am not sure how to advise her. I have never heard of "DS Keyboards"
in PA. Here is their web address: www.dskeyboards.com

It appears that having this done would increase greatly the side bearing
at the center rail and effect the touch, not to mention quite a few other
things.

What kind of experience has been had out there with this kind of thing?
How would this effect the value of the piano?

Thanks for the response...

Brian Janey
San Diego Chapter
Fallbrook, CA