Speed, Accuracy & Efficiency=Profit

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Sun, 27 Feb 2000 11:25:49 +0100

No,,,nononono,.... this is not the right tangent to get off on... Good that you are thinking about such tho...
Stretch is a seperate issue to a large degree..

You can, and probably do without realizing it, stretch regardless of how you tune. This has to do with the way
musical strings behave under tension... inharmonicity. Read about it Terry.. its quite fascinating really. If you
need some good books to read for starting out on all this "theoretical" side of our job.. just shout..

As for EBVT... I for one would very much like to hear (in person) a piano tuned like this before I pass any
"judgment" on it. I would be more concerened about the fact that no one seems to be able to reproduce this
temperament (This according to Bills last post). Cant figure out why that should be the case... but if it truely is
such then ... well so much for that idea... grin..

--
Richard Brekne
Associate PTG, N.P.T.F.