Speed, Accuracy & Efficiency=Profit

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Sun, 27 Feb 2000 11:34:50 +0100

Yess yess yess.... all this is fine and dandy... but I for one would feel a bit
more comfortable about these kinds of posts if you guys would underline a bit
that "Tuning" in this sense is not at all the same as "Tuning" for an important
concert, or for the tuning exam for that matter. There are a lot of inexperienced
just starting out type gals and guys listening in and I wonder if all this talk
of super speed tunings is so awfully productive.

I too have had a ten piano day.. eleven actually is the most I have managed.. and
this was not in a school .. this was in a rural area where there was a bit of
driveing inbetween each one. The tunings were good enough for the owners in each
case.. but I doubt anyone of them would have escaped any real critical judgement.
Bad pianos... or pianos in poor shape, a "need" to get through them quickly all
add up to a situation where one comprimises the absolute best one can do. And
besides... Herrrre GUD... what an ordeal to subject yourself to.... grin

--
Richard Brekne
Associate PTG, N.P.T.F.