Speed, Accuracy & Efficiency=Profit-catapult

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 16:27:58 EST

In a message dated 2/26/00 1:07:40 PM Pacific Standard Time, jfa19@IDT.NET
writes:

<< Built for the TV show "Northern Exposure" and seen worldwide in two
 different episodes. In
 one episode we flung a 450 pound upright piano 100 yards. In the other
 episode we flung
 coffins into the middle of a lake. To get all the camera angles and
 shots for the piano episode,
 we flung 9 full size upright pianos. All nine pianos consistently landed
 in the same spot. We
 put a crash camera in the impact crater of one piano to get a shot of
 the piano coming
 straight down from about 250 feet in the air.

 Joseph Alkana   RPT

Kewl.  It's also kewl that nobody has yet said "PSO" in this thread.  I like
the idea of the Catapult at the Convention a lot.  Birdcages, square grands,
"Grand" spinets, aluminum plate Winter spinets, Ex player uprights, any
player with the mechanism still in but which plays horribly, just about any
cheap European piano, especially Irish, just about any Aeolian piano from the
era when they were gasping their last substandard materials and workmanship
breaths, any piano with a bad brass flange rail or butt plates with all the
center pins coming out sideways.  Every Horugel ever made.  Every Tokai ever
made.

We have enough to get started.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin