Speed, Accuracy & Efficiency=Profit

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 08:28:10 +0100

Brian Trout wrote:

> Hi Bill,
>
> I'm glad you had a good day today.  Some days go like that.  And some days
> just don't.
>
> I had a rotten day today.  Not really because of any one thing, but just the
> whole combination.....
>
> <snip, snip>
>
> Brian T. (Frustrated in Pennsylvania)

You have my deepest sympathies Brian. I have known those kind of days as well, I
think we all probably have. As to Bills posting... I am not quite sure I
understand the purpose of your posting. I personally cant think that it is any
goal in itself to be able drive 4 hours to a job site tune (to concert specs no
doubt) a zillion pianos in 2o minutes, complete with regulation and case
polishing ...collect full price payment, drive 4 hours back home with a 35
minute stop at the bank and a 10 minute stop at a Burger Queen or some such, all
in the course of the most natural of days. (sharpened the point a bit..grin.) If
some of us can tune fast.. others cannot .. it is just such and I have no
problem with that. More important to my mind of thinking is doing the best job
you can. If a fellow winds up manageing an hour and a half for a job... well
hey.. you can make a good living at that rate. I think for most of us.. the pace
you relate would lead to  very early retirement into loony tune land.

But you mention other things in this posting of yours.. your Equal Beating
Victorian  gets  a nice plug, (btw,,, in light of the recent Wapin discussion..
you might consider takeing out a patent on the EBVT and licensing folks at 300
bucks a shot to tune it... grin). Just what is it you are trying to point out
really ??

--
Richard Brekne
Associate PTG, N.P.T.F.