Dampp-chaser survey

Phil Bondi tito@PhilBondi.com
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 05:51:39 -0500

Hi Bob.

I have been in the biz for only 3 years, but I see DC's that have in been pianos
for years - a couple of things come to mind:

1. Those pianos with DC's do stay more stable and 'cleaner'.
2. I do not know how long the H2 has been around - but those older pianos I see
that have a DC installed without the H2 have some very 'creative' intallations!
3. No matter how old the DC, I have never seen one fail. How many products can
you say that about?
4. When I do an appraisal of a piano that has a DC installed, the appraised value
is consistently higher than that of a similar piano without a DC - not because of
the cost of the DC, but because of my 1st comment above. It definitely pays for
itself and then some over the life of the instrument.
5. For whatever reason, there are technicians reading this that do not believe in
the DC. I would like to hear their comments on this thread as well. They would be
hard-pressed to sway this Rookie's experiences with the DC.

Rook