Cryogenic string treatment, worth it or not?

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 19:48:27 -0600

Falconi, I think it was, was playing with this too a few years back. My
understanding was that it wasn't to improve tone, but to help tuning
stability, and was done to the whole string set. Maybe it was supposed to
change the elongation rate of the string or some such. I never got a
detailed explanation. It's probably a company secret and the guy who knew
all the details froze himself  to the plate for three hours and hasn't
spoken a word since... at least not to me.

Ron N