peeling decals

Lance Lafargue lafargue@iamerica.net
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 14:25:37 -0600

Greg,

I have seen this on a Samick recently.  Roger's solution sounds good to me.
In my case the decal had already been pulled off in pieces since it was
touching the strings.  Some of the Indonesian Samicks have had lots of glue
joint problems and this may be one more to add to the list.

Lance Lafargue, RPT
Mandeville, LA
New Orleans Chapter
lafargue@iamerica.net

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Greg Newell
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2000 10:45 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: peeling decals

Greetings folks,
    I have a customer who has a rather unique problem to me. They
purchased a Kohler & Campbell (Samick) grand about 5 yrs ago or so. This
piano now has a soundboard decal that is peeling up to the point that it
is interfering with the strings. Has anyone seen this before? What did
you do about it? Should it just be removed or can I somehow reapply some
sort of adhesive without removing strings. You replies are grreatly
appreciated.
                    Greg Newell