Piano out of tune on recording

Wed, 23 Feb 2000 06:58:03 -0600

Bill,
At 21:21 02/22/2000 EST, you wrote:
>Dear List,
>
>Today I got a remastered version of the classic Jazz recording "Time Out"
>made in 1959 by Dave Brubeck.  It is the album with the well known cuts,
>"Take Five" and "Blue Rondo A LA Turk".  While listening to it on my
>computer, I noticed particularly on the cut, "Strange Meadow Lark" that the
>piano is out of tune.  It would not be acceptable today at all.

I have the original album in vinyl, but I haven't listened to it in a
loooong time. It definitely was one of my favorites at the time, and
probably has currently unacceptable clicks and pops from high useage.
Looks like I'll have to crank up the old Victrola (actually Dual or Garrard
- my Victrola doesn't like going that slowly) and listen with a tuner's ear
this time.

>people still loved and enjoyed the recordings.

Yes! Guilty as charged.

Conrad Hoffsommer - mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
             Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
***If you receive something that says "Send this to everyone you know",
pretend you don't know me.