The Plate

DGPEAKE@AOL.COM DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 23:50:06 EST

In a message dated 02/22/2000 2:04:20 PM Pacific Standard Time,
tuner@mediaone.net writes:

<< Now that I've got all the strings off this piano, I'd like to improve
 the appearance
 of the plate. What should I use to clean it with?  If I decide to spray
 it, what do I spray
 it with? Is there a gold paint that comes in a spray can?

 Thanks.

 Martin

Since it appears you are not removing the plate, mask everything for
painting.  I have had good luck with Krylon Gold which is very close to
Steinway colors. If you need the paint number I will go to my shop and get it
for you.  If I am removing the plate, I prefer to mix bronzing powder with
lacquer and and use my spray gun.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland Chapter
Oregon City, OR