blow discrepancy:technique?

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 18:09:45 +0100

Depends on whether you are interested in the actual distance the hammer
actually moves... in which case you want to fiqure the arc distance.. or
whether you are just interested in how far away from the strings the tip
of the hammer is at rest position.. grin... we are getting a bit
nitpicky here for most uses. I like your colleagues suggestion as its
real easy and straight forward.

This measurement btw is not written in stone.. not for any piano nor for
any geometry except on paper. Nor are any of the other measurements that
interelate here. Get it within tolerances.. balance out the action so
that the relationships of dip, jack travel, letoff, checking, etc work
well with your hammer distance and go with it. Add spice according to
taste.

grin

--
Richard Brekne