d.c. clips

Phil Bondi tito@PhilBondi.com
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 02:17:56 -0500

"The Humidistat standoff that you recently had
> a problem with is made of Nylon 6-6.  This is a fairly expensive engineering
> plastic, however as we learned very recently it's impact strength is reduced
> if it is subjected to periods of LOW HUMIDITY.  Its steady state strength is
> not effected."

I have to chime in here - I use to work with 6-6 - and its applications were a
whole lot more streesful than clips for a DC Install. In its pure form, I would
guess that this statement would be true - then that would lead me to believe that
these clips are made of pure 6-6...and there I have my doubts.

I'd be looking at the molder, and/or the 're-work' that goes into making this
piece of plastic - not the 6-6.

A former Plastics guy,

Rook