SAT question

pianolover@worldspy.net pianolover@worldspy.net
19 Feb 2000 22:19:27 -0800

Here's a question:

 I turn on my SAT II, go to tune
             mode, (after confirming calibration),and as a test, I strike a49 (on
             a piano where A4 is tuned EXACTLY to A440. ), and the dots are
             still,  as they should be.  Then I enter my FAC precisely and correctly, to get my stretch calculations. Then, after
             I save it to a page, I  go directly back up to play A49...the SAT NOW tells me
             it's flat, by about 5.5 cents!  Why? I already confirmed it was at A440
             at the beginning. The manual indicates that the SAT will always show A440
             4-12 cents sharp in FAC mode, which corresponds to
             calculated pitch of the 4th partial of A4, which is
             used for tuning...so the dots are spinning backwards.
             So, now  I must pull it up to stop the dots..at which point A49 is
             now SHARP!  Am I missing something? I hope you fellow SAT users don't
             mind explaining this to me, even if it's a dumb question. I just don't get it.
             Thanks!

             Terry

Get free Internet service and email at http://www.worldspy.com