harmoniehammerfleugel

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 00:20:39 -0600

Norman Henry, in Oakland, CA, reportedly is finishing up a second
instrument -
this one a 3-octave 33-tone JI piano (his JI harpsichord was
completed in the
'70s). I can just imagine his prank calls to other tuners.

Clark

If he tunes this by ear, I am all ears.   ric <---just like the
Corn Palace in Mitchell SD.

----------
> From: Clark <caccola@net1plus.com>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: harmoniehammerfleugel
> Date: Friday, February 18, 2000 8:12 AM

Stephen,

> Just think of the possibilities for PTG expansion if all pianos
were like
> the harmoniehammerfuegel. We would need seven times as many piano
> tuners, each working on a single piano per day and charging circa
$700 per
> tuning. Phew.

If only I had my way. ;)

How many strings do you figure? 185 if it's single-strung, though
it looks
double - makes 274 look paltry, 76 downright miserable!