Wurlitzer Harmonics

Dan Hallett Jr. dhalle@toolcity.net
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 15:45:06 -0500

Dear List:

I service regularly a Wurlitzer 5'3" Grand (S.N. 68408, purchased in =
1998) that has very heavy usage. Regularly their are audible harmonics =
(the owner calls them 'hummings') caused by leaking bass dampers. After =
regulation the audible harmonics are gone, only to reappear in a few =
weeks.

Has anyone else run into this? I'm ready to start replacing damper felt, =
I think, unless there is another solution I'm missing. The dampers can  =
be the same or different than those previouly re- regulated.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Dan Hallett