harmoniehammerfleugel

Clark caccola@net1plus.com
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 12:12:19 -0200

Stephen,

> Just think of the possibilities for PTG expansion if all pianos were like
> the harmoniehammerfuegel. We would need seven times as many piano
> tuners, each working on a single piano per day and charging circa $700 per
> tuning. Phew.

If only I had my way. ;)

How many strings do you figure? 185 if it's single-strung, though it looks
double - makes 274 look paltry, 76 downright miserable!

Norman Henry, in Oakland, CA, reportedly is finishing up a second instrument -
this one a 3-octave 33-tone JI piano (his JI harpsichord was completed in the
'70s). I can just imagine his prank calls to other tuners.

Clark