Bone spurs/comfrey

Richard Adkins RADKINS@coe.edu
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 08:49:46 -0600

Carl, Carolyn, et al...

 Please be aware that there are warnings out about the prolonged
use of comfrey.....I would recommend you do some
research on this before you take it...

http://www.pinn.net/~swampy/comfrey.html

http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/alt/comfrey_faq.htm

"WARNING: Serious hepatic injury have been associated with the internal use of Comfrey. Please read the information below carefully before use, particularly if you're considering internal use."

just a caution....be careful what you take....

Rich A.

Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 18:38:07 -0800
From: carl meyer <cmpiano@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Bone Spurs

Carolyn:

I assume you are open to alternate medical advice.  Yes, surgery is
non-reversible.  Can't hurt to try other treatment first.  I've been
interested in alternate medicine for a long time and have strong
opinions about all kinds of things, especially medical ones.

I've taken Dr. Wallach's colloidal minerals  for about three years now
and credit it for improvement in my general health along with trying to
live a more healthful lifestyle.

I quote from his and his wife's book "Let's play doctor" page 155
"BONE PAIN" (including "spurs"):  can be immobilizing and crippling.
Bone pain can be part  of the "growing pains" especially at the joints
or the insertions of tendons into bones (which is where "spurs" occur).
Bone pain is a self diagnosing problem--if it persists, x-rays should be
taken to confirm diagnosis of fracture, arthritis, "spurs" or rule out
the more severe probllem of primary or metastatic bone cancer.
Treatment of  bone pain and "spurs include vitamin C to bowel tolerance,
vitamin E at 800-1200IU/day, magnesium at 500 mg t.i.d. for as long as
1-2 yrs; correct the calcium/phosphorus ratio with calcium at
2000mg/day, reduce meat intake; herbs including comfrey  Plant derived
colloidal minerals have reversed spurs and calcium deposits without
surgery by remodeling the bone."

I don't want to push any treatment on the forum, so if you like you can
call me at 408/984-0482 and I will be happy to speak to you about Dr.
Wallach and his ideas.  Wait till after monday since I am very busy with
the Calif State convention this weekend.

Regards

Carl Meyer
Santa Clara, Ca.