FAC for Spinet

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 06:42:04 -0600

Terry,

<<Also, when first checking pitch, if you find that a piano is only 5 or so
cents or less in the bass and mid-section, but way flat, say 15+ cents flat
in the high treble, do you still charge for a pitch raise? >>

On a spinet, I would not charge extra for this, provided I could tune the
treble twice in the time allotted for a normal tuning. Spinets do not take
as long because they will rarely sound good no matter what you do. :-) Learn
to work quickly, and listen less to all the falseness inherent in small,
cheap pianos.

John Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS