FAC for Spinet

pianolover@worldspy.net pianolover@worldspy.net
17 Feb 2000 20:30:37 -0800

While preparing to tune an old everett spinet today, I noticed wound bichords at F3. I couldn't remember the alternate (SAT) method for calculating the stretch. I normally Measure my FAC starting at F3, providing it is plain wire, which it alsmost always is. Can someone (who uses SAT) refresh my memory as to the alternate way to measure FAC when there are wound strings at F3?

Also, when first checking pitch, if you find that a piano is only 5 or so  cents or less in the bass and mid-section, but way flat, say 15+ cents flat in the high treble, do you still charge for a pitch raise?

Terry

Get free Internet service and email at http://www.worldspy.com