Strip Muting/unisons

Lance Lafargue lafargue@iamerica.net
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 09:57:20 -0600

This was at the last convention.  Tech from New York taught it. Sorry, name
escapes me.  Nice guy.  I missed the class, got a handout.  Use the
technique.  Works great.  Rather than 2 strips, you can just pull every
other one out with tweezers.  It's sped me up alot!!!  Best raise in pay
I've had in a while....

Lance Lafargue, RPT
Mandeville, LA
New Orleans Chapter
lafargue@iamerica.net

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of David ilvedson
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2000 1:07 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Strip Muting/unisons

Roger,

Some years ago Ron Berry did a class at a national
convention where he gave a tip on temp strips.  He suggested
using one strip to do every other unison and another to do the
whats left...
... strip1...strip2...strip1...strip2...strip1...etc.  When the
middle strings he simply pulled out one strip which left...
strip2...     ...strip2...   ...strip2...   ...strip2... This enabled you
to tune the right string of one unison then the left the next,
right of the next, left of the next etc.  I always thought this was
a very cool way to strip mute.

David Ilvedson, RPT