Action Parts

Lance Lafargue lafargue@iamerica.net
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 09:45:59 -0600

Replying personally would be fine.  I understand Wally Brokks also has nice
whippens available and I'm just trying to pick everyone's brain. Thanks.

Lance Lafargue, RPT
Mandeville, LA
New Orleans Chapter
lafargue@iamerica.net

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Lance Lafargue
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2000 8:06 AM
To: pianotech listserv
Subject: Action Parts

Hello list,
I was hoping to revisit a subject often talked about.  Since a few new
parts/brands are available now (such as Abel shanks/flanges from Brooks), I
was hoping to get updated opinions.
I am replacing actions in Steinways, Masons, and Chickerings.  Several
coming up.  I use Renner and like the parts, tech support, and ease of
voicing the hammers.  I also like the Abel Encore hammers from Wally Brooks
and appreciate all the help that he is.  I usually don't use NY Steinway
parts because of the relative difficulty to voice the hammers and the
touchweight problems that I have experienced in the past.
Again, I was just hoping for an updated opinion before ordering.

Thanks

Lance Lafargue, RPT
Mandeville, LA
New Orleans Chapter