Wapin and patents

Bill Springer bake@spa.att.ne.jp
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 17:23:04 +0900

Richard,

Your information is mostly correct.  The license fee is due when you do an
installation. This is true whether you sell the piano, are rebuilding the
piano, or testing out the system.

Bill Springer, RPT

bill.springer@wapin.com
http://www.wapin.com

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Richard Moody
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2000 4:08 PM
<snip>

If the terms are not to your liking, try negotiating.   The  the
use of this "system" offers improvement so dramatic, that in most
cases it is well worth the $325.  Also I like the  arrangement
whereby you can install it in a piano you own and not pay until the
piano is sold.  When you sign the non disclosure agreement and
receive the details you will see why this is so.  It actually is a
kind of "share ware" concept where you get "nagged" for $325 for
using it, but it is due only after you get paid for your services
that should have included their "use" fee  from the beginning,  At
least that is my understanding.   If you are like me and don't like
to try something new on a clients piano until you have tried it on
you own, then the Wapin offer of terms should be acceptible,
appealing even. .