Tendonitis

Sigurd Hanson sigurd@scc.net
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 22:51:45 -0600

I have had tendonitis.  The medical doctors told me to quit tuning and take
an aspirin substitute called iboprophen.  If conditions did not improve they
said I would have to go on more powerful drugs.

I believe tendonitis has more than one cause.  The stress of tuning is just
one part of the problem.  Good nutrition is what helped me.  When I had to
quit tuning I did a lot of reading.  I came across a book "Green Leaves Of
Barley by Dr. Mary Ruth Swope with an introduction by David A. Darbro, MD.
There are three testimonials in the book how the juice of young barley
plants help with tendonitis.  I take a product that contains the dried juice
of young barley plants that has helped me so much that I can now tune
without pain in my hands and elbow.

Sometimes my tendonitis will come back if I eat to much beef an neglect to
drink enough barley juice.  I then use a tincture  or a salve made of
Polygonatum multiflorum or more commonly called Solomon's Seal.  In
Minnesota it grows in the woods most everywhere.  For more information on
Solomon's Seal read pages 397-406 The book of Herbal Wisdom by Matthew Wood.
ISBN  1-55643-232-1 .  Published by North Atlantic Books, Berkeley,
California.
I have used Solomon's Seal as a tincture and as a save. It cured a clicking
knee joint that I had for three years within two days of taking the
tincture. The salve takes away the inflammation of tendonitis over night.

The berry of Solomon's Seal is toxic.  The part of the plant used is the
rhizome.  True Solomon's Seal is available in herbal commerce but is seldom
found in commercial preparations.

For more information e-mail me at sigurd@sigurd.com for the barley juice
product I use an how to obtain it.  There are herbalists in Minnesota that
make up a salve made of Solomon's Seal

 Sincerely

Sigurd T. Hanson
3715 Oregon Ave Door #9