Tendonitis

DGPEAKE@AOL.COM DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 23:47:08 EST

In a message dated 2/15/00 10:30:50 PM Pacific Standard Time,
smccloud@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< I get wrist pain after tuning a few pianos, so I went and bought a wrist
 splint at a local drugstore.  It's a one-size-fits-all stretch type with
 velcro.  I bought one for each hand, but my right hand seems ok, so I
 only use the left one.  I'm left handed, but I tune right handed, so I
 pound with my left.  As long as I wear the splint, I'm ok.  It's a
 little uncomfortable, but tolerable, and it's saved me from leaving the
 profession.
     Paul McCloud >>

As many of you know, I broke my left wrist Dec. 5th. My cast is off and the
doctor gave me a splint to use only while tuning pianos.  I have learned that
since my left hand is the test blow hand, when it seems weak because of pain,
I bring my right hand down to perform the test blow.  I guess you can say I
have been tuning handicapped.  I also have a good chiropractor that helps my
achs and pains as well.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland Chapter
Oregon City, OR