Wapin Bridge

carl meyer cmpiano@earthlink.net
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 11:26:56 -0800

Patents can not be renewed.  You can patent an improvement and if your
improvement is soooo good that the original would be second rate without
the improvement you've got something. Then you can license the
improvement to the original inventor.  I remember when Baldwin proudly
offered PTG members free use of their patented plate mounting methods
and their accu-hitch pins.  When I looked up these patents I found that
they had expired many years ago.  Unless its been changed, no!, patents
are for 17 years and can not be renewed