1099

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 09:46:37 EST

pianolover@worldspy.net writes:

<< I have a question for other floor tuners out there, (In California) like
me who have not yet started there own business. Even though we work for a
piano store, we are (at least in my case) considered  "independant
contactors", and we get a  "1099" form at the end of the year. Do we have to
make quarterly statements, or just pay our taxes at the end of the year? I
appreciate any help in this area, until I can meet with an accountant, which
may not be for a while.

 Best wishes,

Self employed people pay quarterly. The amount you pay every quarter is equal
to one forth of what you paid last year. But since you don't have a history
of self employed earnings, you don't have to file this year. But save your
money, because come April 15 of 2001, you will have to pay all of what you
owe for 2000, plus 1/4 of that for you 2001 estimated.  Check with you
accountant. If you don't have one, find one. A good accountant can save you
money.

Wim