Wapin Bridge

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 15:50:46 +0100

Jon Page wrote:

> Snip nip... grin
>
> Unless one submits their required paperwork why_should_they disclose
> information.
> I'm sure they would want to enlist truly interested, active parties
> rather than become
> an information depot for inquiring, passive interests.

We aren't talking about becoming information depots... we are talking
simply about getting enough clear information up front to promote
interest...information that is conducive to making good judgments...

The information available is simply unsubstantiated hype.  And before
getting that very basic information one is expected to through process,,
albeit simple if a bit time consuming. BETTER to put the neccessary
information out in public... THAT IS NOT the same as saying... Oh GOD...
I am giving away my secrets...

Jimineess...

> Otherwise they would have passed out flyers.

Probably a good idea... again.. from Wapins own standpoint..

> Maybe it's a 'natural selection' process whereby only the most
> qualified/interested apply keeping it out of the hands of the
> "tooner/teknishin/reebilder".
> It wouldn't take a much to dampen a new idea with work being performed
> by half-
> hearted installers.

That is a non problem. Number 1. Nobodys asking for a complete technical
readout of the Death Star. Number 2. Poor workmanship and poor workers
end up dying upone their own unreasonableness. Number 3. If Wapin is
indeed what its hyped to be... a few poorish copycats will not hurt
them.

> Either join the team or stand in the bleachers.
> Spectators are not given the playbook :-)

No.... but they do get to see the plays... and judge from the game
whether the coach is good or not...but this isnt football and I dont
really have much sense for such analogies.

> Regards,

Likewise... shall we go for round 4 ??? grin

--
Richard Brekne
Associate PTG, N.P.T.F.