Wapin Bridge

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 11:22:44 +0100

I really dont know the answer to this Allan. I just remember reading a press
release a few years back where Steinway gave the rational for droping their
patents. It was simply that if one wanted to build a piano employing all these
ideas... and do a top notch job of it resulting in a great piano,,,, it would
cost one heck of a lot of money, and that would be just as expensive as the
Steinway was so there was really no problem. Further they recognized the
futility in trying to "protect" things that were copied  (often blatantly and
often with less then brilliant results) in so many ways anyways. I got a list
from S&S Hamburg some months ago of all these released patents with numbers
attached, but lost it when my puter crashed permantly a few weeks ago. You can
write them e-mail and most certainly get the list.

--
Richard Brekne
Associate PTG, N.P.T.F.