Brandon seminar... traveler type question

Tue, 15 Feb 2000 10:24:33 -0600

Brian,
At 09:42 02/15/2000 -0500, you wrote:

>Also, I don't have much experience traveling outside of the U.S., so I
>wondered how might be the easiest way to acquire the above Canadian currency
>needed?

Take your favo(u)rite credit and/or atm card.  Yes, you'll pay a
transaction fee, but you don't have to guess before you leave how much
you'll need. -AND- you only have to carry enough cash for immediate
purposes.   Even with the fee, I've found that you still get a better
exchange rate than at a local ban(que)k.  Memorise your PIN number!

Have fun with loonies and toonies (you'll know what they are after you get
there)!

Conrad

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician -mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
Luther College			-(319)-387-1204
Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045

The man that hath no music in himself,
Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds,
Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night,
And his affections dark as Erebus.
Let no such man be trusted.
---Wm. Shakespeare - Merchant of Venice