Wapin Bridge

Bill Springer bake@spa.att.ne.jp
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 09:45:28 +0900

Hi Stephen,

Why don't you try doing one and add your conclusions to the body of the
experiment?

As one of the folks involved with Wapin, let me try and clear up some of the
questions raised here.

First of all.  The Wapin bridge technology is a Patent pending intellectual
property.  As such, installers, as well as Wapin LLP (exclusive worldwide
distributor), are bound by an agreement signed with the Patent Pending
owner, the University of Cincinnati. It is very expensive to apply for,
aquire, and maintain a patent and that cost is reflected in the cost of an
installation license fee ($325 BTW).

Second.  Wapin LLP has developed an easy method for changing the
configuration of the bridge pins which does make a tangible difference in
the way the piano plays and sounds. It is not necessary to recap and, in
fact the procedure can be done in the customers home.  I just installed
Wapin on a Yamaha CF 9' in a home with the plate in and strings on. I do not
have a sound file of this piano yet, however there are other sound clips and
recordings available from other "Wapinized" pianos.

Third. We have developed a training CD Rom in Acrobat format that goes thru
the entire procedure of installing the Wapin system.  This CD is a step by
step approach with photos from an actual installation.

Basically, if anyone wants to get specific informatiion regarding Wapin, go
to the website at:www.wapin.com.

I apologize if this post is too commercial, but there seemed to be some
misconceptions regarding Wapin that I thought should be addressed. We are
just about ready to launch a new website, but in the meantime perhaps our
exsisting site can answer a few more of your questions.  Feel free to email
me privately at the address below.

Bill Springer, RPT

bill.springer@wapin.com
http://www.wapin.com