Action rebuilding question...thanks

Pianosold@AOL.COM Pianosold@AOL.COM
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 11:53:27 EST

Hi Brian,

A while since I've done one of these but from memory:

At rest the right angled spring regulates hammer blow height above jack to
facilitate return under the notch of the 'hopper'.  This may conflict with
Rons comment that the hammers sit on the rest rail - I thought otherwise, but
I could be wrong.

The 'J' shaped spring you mention should not touch the tip of the jack at
rest.

I think there's a jack spring underneath also.

At check the right angled spring holds the hammer against the check with the
help of the 'J' shaped one.  The force of these two allows the return of the
jack upon key release so repetition should be possible without the key lever
returning completely.

Hope this helps but as I said, it's been a while.

By the way it's pronounced 'Blootner' in Europe.

Regards

Rob Thornton