"transposing" Old Uprights

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 10:09:09 -0600

> Remove all the screws holding the keyframe to the keybed and
>slide the keys one note to the right

Talk about a " cheap trick"  ; )  But it has merit. The last 3 old
uprights I tuned are better off half a step low.  And two of  three
are as good or better than anything made today.  No reason why they
can't go another 90 years. Might be worth trying to figure out.
Lets see..... re position two cr pins and cut and reglue two
keys......there is probably more that would come up upon actually
trying it out.  ---ric.