Steinway Duo-Art

Mark Dierauf mark@nhpianos.com
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 08:30:02 -0500

  Speaking of S&S Duo-Arts, anybody ever install the new Renner damper =
actions in one of these? I've got one in the shop now that came in for a =
new block, and I find that the old damper system is pretty fried. And =
while I'm at it, Renner says that installing this system in certain =
"Older Steinways" may be problematic, due to clearance issues with the =
sostenuto tabs. Since the only one I ever did was on an ancient =
(somewhere in the 30,000's) model A and I never did get the sostenuto to =
work, can anyone shed any light on approximately what vintage this =
ceases to be a problem?

- Mark